garlic and thyme roasted lamb & lemon curd semifreddo cups
This week I have been in love with the recipes in Donna Hay magazine, so thought I would share a couple with you in the event that you are inclined to take a crack at them this weekend…enjoy!
garlic and thyme roasted lamb
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* sea salt and cracked black pepper
* 1 x 800g rolled boneless lamb short loin
* 250g cherry tomatoes
* 2 leeks, trimmed and halved
* 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
* ¼ cup (60ml) store-bought balsamic glaze
Preheat oven to 200ºC (390ºF). Place the garlic, thyme, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Brush the mixture over the lamb, secure with kitchen string and place in a baking dish. Roast for 15 minutes, add the tomatoes and leek, drizzle with the extra oil and roast for a further 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Slice and serve with the tomatoes and leek and drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
lemon curd semifreddo cups
* 2 eggs
* 1 egg yolk, extra
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
* 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
* 1 cup (350g) store-bought lemon curd
Place the eggs, extra yolk, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined. Spoon lemon curd into the bases of 8 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) glasses. Top with the semifreddo and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Makes 1 litre.
images by vanessa levis and chris court